A 1000 member delegation of Indian companies under the banner of All India Federation of Master Printers (AIFMP) participated at the ‘India Day’ celebrations on April 12, 2017, which were organized on the sidelines of China’s largest printing and packing industries exposition – “Sino Corrugated 2017” which was held at Shanghai New International Exhibition Centre.
2. Mr. Arun Gupta, Vice President of AIFMP, Mr. Thomas Huang, Senior Vice President, Reed Exhibitions along with Consul General Prakash Gupta presided over the India Day celebrations.
3. Mr. Thomas Huang, Senior Vice President, Reed Exhibitions welcomed the large Indian delegation to the Expo-‘Sino - Corrugated 2017’ and informed that the exhibition was focused on corrugated manufacturing equipment, consumables and technologies, and that together with ‘Sino-FoldingCarton 2017’ and ‘China Packaging Container Expo 2017’, the 3-in-1 mega expo aimed at connecting the entire value chain of the corrugated, folding carton and packaging container sector. He added that during the exhibition, more than 1,100 industry leading brands occupied close to 110,000 square meters of the exhibition spaces to present more than 1800 exhibits focused on high-end and cost-effective equipment and consumables.
4. Mr. Arun Gupta, Vice President of AIFMP, highlighted the growing collaboration between India and Chinese industries in printing technologies and hoped that the expo would provide a platform for Indian participants to understand the Chinese Printing Industry and establish meaningful contact with potential partners.
5. Consul General in his address appreciated the initiative of AIFMP to hold the India Day celebrations on the sidelines of “Sino-Corrugated 2017” and also commended their effort to mount one of the largest delegation from India to any Expo in Shanghai so far in 2017. He also urged Chinese companies to take advantage of the ongoing Make in India campaign and scale up investment in advanced printing technologies in India.
6. It may be noted that AIFMP representing 250,000 printers is the world’s largest printers’ association. Established in 1953, it is the one and only apex body of Indian printing industry and draws its strength from 72 regional affiliate associations around India. The Indian printing industry is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors, with more than 250,000 printing presses of small, medium and large scale size with an overall capital investment of over USD 83 billion.
12 April 2017
Enclosure : Select pics of the event