Consulate General of India
Press Release: Road Show to promote “Textile India 2017” organised in Shaoxing in Zhejiang
(27 March 2017)
CGI Shanghai in association with Shaoxing Municipal Peoples’ Government organized a large scale Roadshow titled “Textile India 2017” at Shaoxing yesterday (27 March) to spread awareness amongst Chinese Textile companies about the upcoming mega textile event in Gandhinagar from June 30-July 2, 2017.
2. A four member delegation led by Ms. Pushpa Subrahmanyam, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Textile along with Chairman, TEXPROCIL and a CII representative also participated in the same. Nearly 120 textile companies from fabrics, machinery and yarn sector participated at the Shaoxing Roadshow. A detailed presentation on the overall scope, scale and participation guidelines for Chinese companies was made by Additional Secretary, Ministry of Textiles who also answered queries of Chinese companies on issues related to investments in textile practice in India. A series of B2G meetings were also organized after the conclusion of the Business Seminar, during which queries regarding the upcoming event were addressed in detail.
3. Earlier in the forenoon, delegation led by Additional Secretary called on Shaoxing Vice Mayor, Mr. Xu Mingguang and extended an invitation to Shaoxing City leadership to lead a textile investors delegation to participate at the Textile India 2017 event in Gandhinagar. Vice Mayor, Shaoxing welcomed the invitation and asked the Shaoxing Commerce Bureau to disseminate this information to large number of interested companies in the Shaoxing region, and to mobilize participation for the same.
4. It may be noted that Ministry of Textiles of Government of India is organizing the mega international event ‘Textiles India – 2017’, from 30th June 2017 to 2nd July 2017 at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The event will, for the first time, mark the positioning of an annual textile trade event in the country on the annual calendar of global trade events. Prime Minister of India is likely to inaugurate the event. A mega exhibition will showcase the strength of the value chain in India and an international conference will be held with participation from global and national leaders of industry, technical experts and senior policy makers from the Union and State Governments.
5. Given the mutual complementarities between the textile industries of India and China, leading Chinese textile companies and industry associations have been invited to attend the Textile Mega event. More details regarding ‘Textile-India 2017’ are available at http://www.textilesindia2017.com where participants can register and confirm their participation either as a buyer, exhibitor or delegate.
6. It may be noted that Shaoxing (located in Zhejiang Province) was chosen as the location for the road show, as it is one the largest textile manufacturing and trading hubs in Eastern China. Several textile companies from Shaoxing have investments/business interests in India, including a 2000 strong Indian textile trading community that is also based out of the city.
Enclosure : Select Pictures of the Event