Official Visit of Consul General to Zhoushan (Zhejiang)
23 – 24 March 2017
Consul General Prakash Gupta paid an official visit to Zhoushan (Zhejiang Province) from March 23- 24, 2017 and interacted with Mr. Wen Nuan, Mayor of Zhoushan Municipal People’s Government to discuss ways and means to further deepen economic and cultural cooperation between India and Zhoushan.
2. During the meeting with Mayor Wen Nuan, Consul General shared details of investment opportunities available to companies from Zhoushan in India, as part of the Make in India initiative, and requested Zhoushan city leadership to lead an investors’ delegation to visit India in the first half of 2018. A proposal to organize a Business Forum focusing on marine products along with an India Culture Week was also submitted to Zhoushan city leadership for their consideration. Both sides also discussed plans to organize a large scale 3rd International Day of Yoga Event in Zhoushan in June 2017.
3. Consul General also visited some of the leading companies in Zhoushan with business interests and investment plans for Indian market. These included the JINYING Jute Machinery Company Limited, which already has been exporting jute machinery and textile machinery equipment to India over the last fifteen years. JINYING Group is also exploring options to look at setting up a unit in India using the JV route.
4. In addition, Consul General also visited the IMC – YY Shipyard, where presently four Indian ships/vessels have been docked for repairs. During the visit to IMC-YY Shipyard, an interaction with Indian crew members of the Indian ships being serviced there was also held. Consul General also took up the matter of early repatriation of the stranded crew aboard MV Prudencia and requested local authorities to extend necessary facilitation for their well being and early return.
5. Consul General also visited the Putuoshan Guanyin Temple, as well as the Fayu Temple and met with its Chief Abbot Xing Guang. It was agreed to organize a photo exhibition of Indian Buddhist sites at Fayu Temple later in November 2017.
6. It may be noted that Zhoushan is one of the Eastern China’s leading tourism and port cities, and major marine transportation hub in Zhejiang Province.
24 March 2017
Enclosure : Select pics of the visit