Indian China (Zhenjiang) Business and Investment Forum held in Zhenjiang (March 17, 2017)
- Consulate General of India in Shanghai along with Zhenjiang Municipal People’s Government jointly organized an India China (Zhenjiang) Business and Investment Forum in Zhenjiang (located in Jiangsu Province) on 17th March 2017.
- The objective of the Business and Investment Forum was to introduce the investment opportunities available to Chinese companies in India in sectors like renewable energy, smart cities, power sector, urban transportation and infrastructure, as part of the Make in India initiative.
- A delegation of 30 plus Indian companies comprising CEO’s of Larsen & Toubro, TCS, Reliance, Adani Group, CII, Sterlite, Jet Airways, Tech Mahindra, along with Legal consulting and Business Advisory Firms like HSA legal, Link legal Law Firms and Banks like UBI, Canara and Axis made presentations on sectors like Infrastructure, Banking, IT, Urban Transportation and legal guidelines for setting up businesses in India.
- Consul General Prakash Gupta, led the Indian delegation and gave an overview of the investment climate in India and called on Zhenjiang companies to make full use of the investment opportunities available to Chinese companies in India.
- Executive Vice Mayor Ni Bin, welcoming Indian companies in Zhenjiang also urged business leaders to establish greater synergies between Indian and Chinese industries and encouraged Zhenjiang companies to aggressively explore investment opportunities in the Indian market.
- During the India China (Zhenjiang) Business and Investment Forum, a new website - CHINDIA360 (www.chindia360.com) - was also jointly unveiled by Executive Vice and Consul General. The website has been designed by one of the participating Indian companies (in both in Chinese and English) - and is aimed at providing all necessary information to potential China investors, who are looking for investment opportunities in India’s growing market, by providing a updated and timely information on investment guidelines, and offering comprehensive solutions to potential investors in India.
- A series of B2B meetings were also held between participating Indian companies with their Chinese counterparts from Zhenjiang, which generated significant business leads for the participating companies.
- It is expected that as a follow up to the Business Forum, Zhenjiang city leadership is likely to lead an investors delegation to visit India in April/May 2017 to explore tangible investment opportunities in upcoming SEZ’s in India.
- A comprehensive information kit containing pen drive with detailed information on the investment guidelines, investment/projects list till end 2017, state wise profiles, visa guidelines etc. (all in Chinese) was distributed to all the Chinese participating companies.
- In addition, in the field of educational exchanges an MoU on Project Cooperation, was also signed between Jiangsu University and leading Indian educational institute from Odisha viz. Kalinga Institute of Information Technology (KIIT) University.
- In addition, as part of the India Week celebrations in Zhenjiang, an Indian Food Festival, Indian Film Festival, Indian Arts Exhibition – showcasing Buddhism and a cultural dance performance from and ICCR sponsored Bollywood troupe were also organized at leading public venues in Zhenjiang. All these events showcasing various facets of India received very enthusiastic response from Zhenjiang audiences as large number of local people turned up to participate in the India Week celebrations.
- Earlier, Party Secretary of Zhenjiang, Mr. Xia Jinwen received the Indian delegation led by Consul General and discussed ways and means to further promote all round cultural and economic cooperation between India and Zhenjiang, He also hosted a banquet in honour of the visiting Indian delegation.
- It may be noted that Zhenjiang (is a key industrial hub in Eastern China with a total population of 3.17 million and GDP of USD 5.5 million. Its main industries include new energy, advance equipment manufacturing, bio technology, pharmaceuticals, IT, aviation and space technologies.
17 March 2017
Enclosure : Select Pictures of the Event