Consul General, Consulate General of India, Shanghai
Prakash Gupta, is a career diplomat from the Indian Foreign Service, who has served in various capacities in Beijing, Shanghai, Headquarters and the Permanent Mission of India to the United Nations in New York. Details of diplomatic assignments undertaken so far include:
- 2002- 2004 in the Policy, Planning and Research Division of Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- 2004 – 2006 - At the Indian Embassy in Beijing, looking after political and cultural work.
- 2006 – 2009- At the Indian Consulate in Shanghai, looking after commercial, consular, administrative, visa and political matters.
- 2009 – 2011 – At Ministry of External Affairs as Officer on Special Duty (Press Relations), i.e. the Press Officer for Ministry of External Affairs, handling media relations and visits of media delegation for Prime Minister’s visits abroad..
- December 2011 – October 2015: as Counsellor at the Indian Mission to the United Nations in New York, looking after all Funds and Programmes, development operational activities, UN Security Council reform related issues, cyber issues, IBSA Fund, along with media and outreach for the Indian Mission.
- November 2015 onwards – Consul General of India in Shanghai
Personal: Born on 27th December 1978, a post-graduate in English Literature and is married to Neha Prakash and have a daughter, Pranjali (7 years). Is fluent in Mandarin, English, Hindi and Bhojpuri.